I MISS HIM… THE CHILD IN ME

 


I miss him, the child in me 

the new me, fresh me 

new to the world I have no knowledge of 

my path both smooth and rough 


I miss him… the toddler 

jumping right, left, centre and corner 

carefree more than the wind 

soft and stud like watermelon rind 


I miss him, the naive one 

many mental races I had won 

competition makes me feel alive 

I was the god of soliloquy and aside 


I miss him, my better version 

don’t really care if I was born in a mansion 

always wanting to explore the world 

ain’t my problem if it’s full of void


I miss him, the fortunate fool 

born into a family so cool 

but mischievousness synchronized like a cape 

I was too playful for God’s sake 


I miss him, unlucky but sure 

always wanting everything more 

me who cares not about tomorrow 

even if pain will surface overmorrow


I miss him, the conversational spirit 

whispering in my ears that I did it 

always preoccupied with my thoughts 

ain’t my business if I’ve got bruises and cuts 


I miss me, the me in me 

now caged within my psyche 

I always want to let him out 

it has never been an easy bout 




@talk2leigh

(X & insta)

3:32am

1 Sept 2026

Comments

Popular Posts