THE MAN DIES

the man fades
when society says "you are a man"
"why show emotions? gather up yourself"
"men don't cry"

the man fades when people say
"go out there and fend for your family"
"we don't care where you get the food from"
"so long your family feeds"

the man fades when she says 
"tomorrow is my birthday"
"I need to celebrate it in a very small way"
"aside from 250 guest, I need 600k for shopping"

the man fades when the children says
"dad, we've been sent out of school"
"I'm yet to pay for lesson and inter-house sports"
"my Ventolin inhaler has finished"

the man fades when landlord says 
"your rent is due"
"the six month grace has expired"
"Abeg pack now, else I use crazy evict you"

the man fades when society says 
"so na woman beat you for fight"
"imagine, woman slap you, you no fit do anything"
"you be disgrace to manhood"

the man dies...
when pressures are mounted upon his light shoulders 
his mind becomes a battle field 
his thoughts consumes him, depression wins



@talk2leigh


7:59am
3 April 2022

Comments

  1. May God bless all men help us to meet our daily needs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummmmm........ Our performance as a man doesn't mean anything to some people, but our results determine what they will say.
    May God help us ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and we die everyday because of the lack of care

      Delete
  3. Tony, this is outstandingly awesome. Aside from the beauty of the piece what always get me is how the images you use always exemplifies the write up in totality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I dull reach? 😂 I think I'm now having sense, that was something I actually lack 😂. Thanks

      Delete
  4. I love the piece... it's simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm! Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts