DANCING WITH MY DEMONS

 


a far cry from my confined spot 

I stayed clear, not lost 

even my shadow refuses to pop up 

it understands the assignment, no flop 


their radar scanning, movements detected

they are all on to me, too connected 

I need to be extremely cautious, no sound 

hence they tail me, I’m homeward bound 


always hovering around my soul 

clutching so tight to their bow 

you are not Cupid, let me breathe 

why are you after my meadow you weed


I am perturbed, not cursed 

this thought has always haunted, I nursed 

they haunt me every time, no backing down 

I’ve finally become a caricature and a clown 


but here, lost and already drained 

my psyche weak, no process in my brain 

hey! you finally got me, are you happy now?

see them jubilating with a wow 


at long last, they call the shot

and me, waltzing in my cloth 

they finally got me indeed 

my sanity recedes 




@talk2leigh

(X & insta)

10:23am

29 Sept 2026

Comments

Popular Posts