SHIVER IN MY SPINE

 


my disposition states my position 

a hulled pain, stacked over the years 

but here I am, fighting back a millennial tears 

like a garbage, I am stuck 

everything else is far, even luck


loneliness comes in wave 

howbeit, I am and never a slave 

even when I gather my thoughts in a conclave 

no victor no vanquish 

this is all outlandish, I languish 


looking about, I am selective 

lost in my own self-destruct perspective 

I’m slow but everything else around me is active 

tell me I am in this alone 

it has deserted me, my cortisone and colon


no motion but it is a race 

a terrible fall from my grace 

hundred partitioned spaces like a maze 

opposed by the one thing I dread 

it is over, my head is never clear 


with a shiver in my spine, I let it out 

a thunderous cry lodged in my chest 

this is not a test, my soul is yet to rest 

it is either now or never 

sooner, life will pull the lever 



@talk2leigh

(X & insta)

6:49am

26 Aug 2026

Comments

  1. This feels like the voice of someone who has been fighting an internal battle for so long that even standing still feels like a race. The contrast between “no motion but it is a race” and the constant movement happening around the speaker really captures that feeling of being trapped while the world keeps moving. And that thunderous cry “lodged in my chest” feels like everything that has been suppressed finally demanding to be released. Very raw, heavy, and deeply introspective piece. 🖤🔥
    Josh aka Joshstitches

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts