ENIGMATIC WEIRDNESS

 


I want what you want 

but I can’t get it either ways 

it suits my body and style 

but never my soul 


I want what you want 

but you don’t have what I need 

it is a pity indeed 

poverty comes in swift and never recede 


my cravings, my hubris 

tragedies is most closest to us 

our pursuit ushers in bitterness 

a life shortened, a grave call 


our lust for certainties… madness 

ego laced on us like a scar 

yet still, we ignore the truth of our existence 

enigmatic weirdness, a wasted creature 


procreation… continual bitterness 

swiftness to calamitous engagements 

a leap of hope in retrogression 

our existence is faux 



@talk2leigh

(X & insta)

12:34am

28 Aug 2026

Comments

  1. This feels like a reflection on the difference between what we desire and what we actually need. “It suits my body and style, but never my soul” really stood out to me because it captures that emptiness that can come when something looks right on the outside but doesn’t satisfy you within. The poem then moves deeper into ego, certainty, desire and existence, almost questioning whether our constant pursuit is actually what makes us unhappy. Very philosophical and thought-provoking piece. 🖤
    Josh aka Joshstitches

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts