DARK CITY

 


the state of my mind isn’t lit

darkness brightens my path, a cheat 

in this world I find solace 

be careful when you enter my palace 


every wall is fortified with resentment 

but the air around me is contentment 

can I be confined in this utopia forever?

a thought tells me never should I ever 


the war on my mind wages on 

isn’t it better I rather not be born 

I leap carelessly on a queer quagmire 

a bizarre amplifier that can backfire 


like a fallen angel falling off his grace 

my naive sanity I can’t retrace 

a dark city, dark castle I have already built 

everything around me is in mute 


I am alone here, a raging sea

my reflection troubles me 

dark thoughts impedes my mind

my personality is one of a kind 


the dark city suits me fine 

I see signs, but not ready to dine and shine 

let me be, my soul might be extinguished soon 

this is my cross, my graceful doom




@talk2leigh

(X & insta)

8:10am

26 Sept 2024

Comments

Popular Posts