SAVE US

 


it was lucid at first 

then the dream became real 

my body state like sleep paralysis 

I was shut down, couldn’t move 


I was catapulted into a realm of darkness 

bewildered of such state I now dwell 

for my subconscious was fully awake 

my mind fuses reality with existentialism 


then I started to hear them

sounds echoes like waves using echo location

faintly, their cries began to build 

then suddenly began shrieking and eerie 


a suddenly burst of feeling engulfed me 

as I hear multiple voices shouting “save us”

it was so loud I must confess

a cold shiver ran down my spine 


the pain behind these voices were sincere 

cries of bitterness and despair, pain and sadness 

hopelessness and prayers for liberation was embedded 

I need me wake up, this is beyond my comprehension 


still in this darkness I see no light 

their despair faces created in display of mirage 

who am I? What am I here for?

I need me wake up, this is beyond my comprehension



@talk2leigh

(twitter & insta)

7:07am

14 Aug 2024

Comments

Popular Posts