FAR FROM HEARTS

 


he whispered to my ears “I’m done”

“I’m not sure I can be the man I use to”

he laughed out loud then observed a brief silence 

as tears streamed down his face 


I became heart broken by this teary silence 

this wasn’t the man, a friend I use to know 

a soft spoken, tough and loving friend 

has suddenly become a vegetable to leeches 


his countenances screams “help me, pls help”

his lips already trembling in discontent 

fingers twitching, feels in shock 

goosebumps already surging over 


he simply let the tears stream without obstructions

a gesture done by beings who had given up  

as I sit quietly beside him without uttering a word 

I was immobile, transfixed, lost of words 


he sniffles as he let out an heartbreaking laugh 

I stretched my dry palm and pat him at his back 

he looked at me and gave a deteriorating smile 

I instantly saw the mental battles he was having 


he doesn’t deserve this state of mind 

a peaceful loving crony I cherish to the bone 

has been battered and his heart lacerated 

heartbreaks… maims the light in us 


@talk2leigh

(twitter & insta)

8:14am

31 Aug 2024

Comments

  1. this is an expression of the emotional wounds that men go through each and every time and yet they try to remain strong. but we all have a breaking point and we cant just help it. mens mental health matters too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world has made man weaker psychologically when praising him as “you are a man”. The world needs to do better bcos man’s health matters

      Delete
  2. Wow, I hope men know that they don't have to be strong all the time and ask for help, it's okay to breakdown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah we know but the world already has laid pressures on us. It’s so sad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts