RELAPSE

 


I have relapsed again 

just lost the zeal and the bargain 

forgetting my resilience to be unflinching 

how I promised to keep on the engine 

time never seems to add up for healing 


happiness was a decoy when depression was creeping in

between my sanity to insanity was a tiny tread so thin 

I’ve entangled myself so much in the finesse of change 

not knowing I’m locking myself up in a terrible cage 

worst decision I was proud of 


I said “never” multiple times 

clutched unto the towel not to let it go 

is it me or is it the me in me that is to be blamed

an awkward life I chose which meanders my existence 

insignia of grief hovers like halo 


judge me not when you see me blue

I’m constantly in a mental raging war 

when I soliloquies, I’m in communion with myself 

judge not my sanity because of this act 

I am my last straw, I don’t want to break 


@talk2leigh

(twitter & insta)

6:23am

22 July 2023

Comments

  1. beautiful poem here it captures the depth of despair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I really dealt with it appropriately

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts