HALO

 


I walk not to my doom 

but to the snare I laid for myself 

I trapped my soul in concrete darkness 

a supposedly course i journey with no return 


I walk in mysteries and gay

distorted steps, unaligned footprints 

my nerves ceases without flinching 

my pulse competes with nano seconds 


my doom, my own making 

I found solace in darkness 

nothing else has been soothing since my birth 

now I’m reborn under fierce dim lights  


my strides, mirthfully

savoring the atmosphere around me 

my lungs filled with debris of my ending 

my skin hair raises in praises in charades of goosebumps 


now I venture into my doom 

with tenacity of copious beliefs 

I have been gifted halo to my salvation 

you my friend, needs to be redeemed 


@talk2leigh

(twitter & insta)


10:55am

11 April 2024

Comments

Popular Posts