IT WON GUYS



I battled on relentless 

having hopes on my sick bed

chemo in and out 

it’s not yet my time, not now 


this surge I feel within me 

stings and spasm as my body depleted  

you can’t have me now, just not yet 

I’m yet to accomplish my goals and ambitions 


needles in, tablets drives through 

my lungs became nauseated 

my confidence stands staunch still 

although, hope is already blinking 


it’s tiring and boring I must confess 

how long will courage hold my hands?

my vegetable state waters down my hope 

hey guys, I just might have to give in


days transcends to weeks

months becomes stale and nauseating 

this is becoming my worst nightmare 

fear slowly creep in uninvited 


this is probably my last bravery

no light at the end of the tunnel 

this… my last hope dashed 

love and restitute more when you’re healthy 


well, I fought bravely 

undaunted without fear 

but at the end, it won 

my cancer won guys, goodbye  



@talk2leigh

(twitter & insta)


9:40am

14 Jan 2024 

Comments

Popular Posts