I DIDN’T LOSE IT ALL

 


my head plays in celluloid 

all that was mine before the years stole them 

childhood cravings and adventures 

the years stole them all away from me 


friends come and castles built 

we, blindfolded and betrayed by adrenaline 

our palms itchy for creativities 

eyes refuses to shutdown at night 


a new dawn, a new day 

we wake to conquer the world again 

soaked under the rain and shaking like rattling snake 

we cursed the weather but love the rainbow


hard collusion after a mighty fall to the ground 

yeah, I didn’t lose it all 

just a tooth off while others shaky 

then off it goes with seven stones on the roof of the nearest building 


my mother, careful and tender 

holds me tight to her bosom where I crave

dear… I find peace, comfort and solace 

I wish I can ask for this moment once more  


moments and engagements 

plaited in my mental cubicles

here I am wanting to taste it all again 

but I’m only left with memories forever 


@talk2leigh


9:03am

16 Oct 2023

Comments

Popular Posts