AT THE TRAIN STATION

 


I’ve waited, I’m still waiting 

holding up my faith staunchly 

knowing you’re on rail to me 

my believe and hope is strong 


my haunch has never been wrong 

neither my prediction fails 

but I’m hopeful through and through 

believing you’re on the train, coming 


at the edge of the fall, I stare 

pacing up and down waiting for the train 

my heart racing for I’ve missed you 

you whom I owe my world and it’s entities 


as time flows by I hold onto faith

trains, come and go but none beholds you 

my hope is still strong, still firm 

“She’s on the next train”, words I use to console myself 


here I am, still waiting 

my legs and arm, numb 

the last train I am waiting for 

believing you are on it 


I waited endlessly 

wait, I can hear the oncoming train blaring 

finally you are here

I can feel it 


the rails shaking as the train comes on sight 

are you on it? the train is empty 

all my hopes dashed and shattered 

I’m tired of waiting 



@talk2leigh


7:48am

20 Aug 2023

Comments

Popular Posts