LOSING MY GRIP

 


the world is no longer a safe place 

my sanity is no more a safe space 

I’m constantly befuddled with poison 

ideologies propounded by people so toxic 


I beg always for breathe 

let me live my life not in wreathe 

it’s left to me to create my own world 

I beg no one to see me as a lord 


hey buddy! show me who you love 

and see how I’ll call your bluff 

love, peace, wars and happiness are just mirage 

yank down existence and leave it stashed 


my mind runs on its own 

your own heart is heavier than a stone 

you stand afar and call me insane and psycho

I don’t have appetite, that’s how my life goes


we all are losing something 

sanities, love, friendship, peace or hurting 

look around and say the world is normal 

that’s a lie, we all cry in our corner 


we’ve lost it all at the edge 

as for me, I’m losing my grip on the wrench 

if you say the world is a safe place 

kindly show us which of the race 



@talk2leigh



6:09pm

25 March 2023

Comments

Popular Posts