BEAUTY IN DENIAL

 


I was born exceptional 

denied by my marks and skin patterns

characterized by my looks

people pulls people down with words 


I was demoralized 

mentally tortured to fight my own course 

my birth became my depression 

a passage I wasn’t aware of 


we are few on this pedestal 

many of us resulted to suicide because of rebuke 

the strong ones are dangling on a tiny thread 

the weak one’s only hope is their breathe 


I never signed to be born like this 

nature played a fast one on me 

but this pattern is grossly beautiful 

my uniqueness spots me out 


another me is hard to find 

this beauty is hard to deny

I feel like I’m illuminous in the dark 

my glow shines light on my path 



@talk2leigh



4:52am

19 Feb 2024

Comments

  1. We all are like island on the Sea seperate on the outside, but connected on the inside.
    Yet each island in it's uniqueness is just what it is nothing more nothing less 🦁

    ReplyDelete
  2. My natural towel is an aesthetic beam in the dark,and a soothing dim that sprouts into calm the harsh brightness of the day's ray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oga start publishing your own poems lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts