THE PHONE BOOTH

 


the lonely and soothing place 

where the world seems to go quiet 

while I dial random number 

and tell my worries to 


I hope you’re willing to hear me out

I know you don’t know me, neither do I 

but if you can spare me sixty seconds 

my heart is bleeding 


my courage fails me all the time 

my strength already depleting 

my over burdened heart is now weak 

my shoulders have gone numb 


listen to my cry stranger 

these pains I no longer can manage 

my heart beats has tripled 

it can be heard miles away 


hey stranger

this is a dispensational toggle of breathe 

presently, my eyes go vertigo without forewarn 

I am lonely and I’ve shut everyone out 


stranger, you are the last person I’m calling

reserve no pity for me when I hang up 

my soul has tried on this Mother Earth

I’m about to walk into the arms of the grim reaper 



@talk2leigh



8:40am

23 Jan 2023

Comments

  1. Sometimes I wonder where you get your inspirations from.

    Good job bro. 👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just you, me sef dey wonder where e dey come from lol. Thanks all the same 🫂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts