DEATH WISH

 


our death wish and sentences 

our wants, our needs and priority

what we stand for matters no more 

once our last breathe is drawn 


I wish to be buried without a coffin without a grave

my whole form cremated 

ashes bounded, taken and thrown to Mother Nature 

in her bosom I always want to lay and rest 


swoosh me off with the wind from a mountain top

or into a rushing stream so I can stay afloat 

don’t try bury me under the earth 

it’s suffocating and exasperating


bother me not with tears and wailing 

for when I was alive, you stayed far 

now you stand crying so hard to be noticed 

I hope you know the devil is learning from human evil 



@talk2leigh



10:44pm

6 Jan 2023

Comments

  1. Good work.

    Just that weeping and wailing, sorrows and anguish are always felt from the heart on the death of a beloved. The memory lingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memory is just everything, people hold on to memories so much in order not to forget the demised loved one. Memory ought to be cherished more than anything bcos that is what is left of us to give when we are gone 🌹

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts