ALMOST GOT MARRIED TODAY

 


through the car window, I saw her 

slowly returning to reality from my reveries 

never thought I’d meet someone captivating this much 

might be the movies, not reality 


I guess her instinct pricked her 

she slowly wound down and stared back 

four eyes collided as the atmosphere went stuffy 

nothing else mattered anymore at this juncture 


the traffic was hell but I’m loving it 

her countenance was welcoming, same as her wiles 

she shifted position just to be comfortable 

titled herself backward and enunciated her stare 


for some minutes I was transfixed 

couldn’t take my eyes off her 

this was on another wave of attraction 

lord knows I’ve never been caught up in such before 


all of a sudden we both started laughing 

buses adjacent, the gangway clear and empty 

she waved and I returned back the gesture 

such a magnetic moment, we were both lost 


I looked above her head and noticed the building 

presently under construction on 40 Alfred Riwane Rd, Ikoyi 

I signaled to her to look at the direction

she did and blushed very hard with a head nod of “yes”


the road got cleared as the driver slammed the accelerator 

I felt bad because I met my chemistry 

such feelings might never surface again till eternity 

I almost got married today  



@talk2leigh



8:01pm

14 Dec 2022

Comments

  1. Go back to the junction tomorrow you might eventually get married

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts