WE ARE ALSO HUMAN

 


scouring for food and less shelter 

I am my own brother and sister 

staring at each other’s eyes 

nothing hopeful in our eyes but stars


can I call you mother? 

can she call you father?

lots of people are lucky enough 

but for the lots of us, life is tough 


a goodnight kiss we long for 

a bed time story we crave more 

no familiar hands to touch us

not even a lovely coin to toss 


I wish I can taste an omelette

living also in a luxurious house written “to-let”

to whom it may concern, we don’t have a home

not even a cushion, not even a foam 


who do I blame for my predicament?

being an orphan is not a dent 

I didn’t choose this life for myself at all

if you can listen to my heart, help me, don’t let me fall




@talk2leigh



12:00pm

15 Oct 2022

Comments

Popular Posts