THE LADY IN IJAB

 


the cloth is for covering they say 

colorful patterns in display 

the religion is also of peace 

Aljana, they don’t want to miss 


from afar she stood 

gayly standing in a manner that lightens mood 

I’m certain many people have stared 

she’s beautiful, yes, nature cares


her ijab, total covering 

there’s lots to more than what she’s offering 

from afar, I locked my eyes on her 

never blinked, despite all the speeding cars 


across the road so busy

a crowded city so noisy 

her muffler levitates as the wind blows 

her ijab hugs her skin so close 


her figure and beauty carved out that moment 

oh! Mine, such pretty… beautiful adornment 

she raised her head and checked her wristwatch 

I’m trying to ignore as I downed the last slush of scotch 


she suddenly turned and caught me staring 

I froze, then lost my bearing 

the lady in ijab smiled and boarded a taxi 

my mesmerizing died, I felt wounded badly 



@talk2leigh




3:12pm

7 Sept 2022

Comments

  1. Hey Tony this is a wonderful one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, I so much love it also 😍

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts