NO ONE IS NEXT

 


I asked her “are you fine?”

she smiled, revealing a broken tooth and a swollen upper lip

she replied “I couldn’t have been better”

those were her words


“I couldn’t have been better”, five letter words of pain

abuses and torments that descended on her like rain 

despite all her struggles in restrain

it all amounted to nothing but vain


she was just another victim 

of malignant predators walking in team 

left her to fight psychological battles, die or win 

insanity almost lost, she’s at the brim 


just like a shattered glass she was 

holding her emotions looking lost 

before I reach out for a hug she burst 

uncontrollable tears streams accost 


hot tears kept flowing 

such tight grip she gave me while hugging 

I felt the energy of a world crumbling 

I tried consoling but it amounted to nothing 


the next day I woke up to the news

it broke my heart and left it in bruise 

she found solace is suicide 

now she’s gone, life cut short by hungry rapist 


I hope they are happy now

walking around looking like a clown 

perpetrators should be brought to justice 

hence, this madness will forever continue 


many are out there in her shoes 

hiding their pains with ruse 

come let’s talk, let us be brave like muse 

we need to be strong, no time for cruise 


she wasn’t strong enough to overcome 

but she gave us the strength to be reborn

we all know her candle has gone off 

but she has lit million candles to illuminate our feminine strength 

no one is next

 



@talk2leigh




9:34am

20 Aug 2022


Comments

  1. If only we all live like human......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only… that’s the question. If people can practice compassion, that’s the cure

      Delete
  2. Humanity should be a way of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humanity is the main way of life, a natural religion which supersedes all religions

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts