THE SAME MISTAKE


repeatedly it keeps happening 
I know you don't deserve good things
but here I am, a simp
I'm the fool, totally senseless 

I regret the day we met 
hating the fact that you caught my gaze 
I shouldn't have make the first move 
you could have turned me down 

a devil's advocate in Prada 
radiant, beautiful and outspoken
no one would predict your true nature 
a beast...a necessary evil

I'm still finding all means necessary
trying to detach myself from you 
whoever wants to spend a lifetime with you 
is driving down the highway to hell

you're everything a man would dream of, truth be told
maybe I am the one wrong or thereabout 
but once I've detached myself totally from you 
I'll never make that same mistake again


@talk2leigh


7:33am
21 Dec 2021

Comments

  1. Wow ... I feel it's me talking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is, I was also in this shoe, but it's well sha

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concise yet captivating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Great one from the Brain box himself 👏

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmmmm.
    Well articulated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. Good job✌

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometime in life the best option is to let go of some people.. This happens to be one of my favorite friend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeyah, it's a heart breaking thing you know, crippling ones mental health. I pray we all heal totally 🤗

      Delete
  8. Feels like I’m the one speaking🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so so sorry, we are all going thru stuffs we cant just tell 💯 to people. May we all be healed and find comfort in solace 💋

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts