THOSE LIES

remember those words you told me
to love me till the day I die
I wouldn't say I was stupid to believe 
you gave me reasons to proceed

those words, those lies
smooth like butter on hot knife 
gliding down the corner of your lips
as you whisper to my ears and say

"hey babe, you are all I've prayed for"
now that I've found you, would never let you go"
those words came wild and free 
you have the wiles of a snake 

how could I have been such a fool?
to have laid down my guard for mere words
even if I know how cruel love could be
'caution' had always been my watchword

how vulnerable could I have been
that I fell thunderously without been calculative
kai, this wasn't suppose to be me
life is shitty, you need not remind me



@talk2leigh



7 Dec 2021
5:22am

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts