RESTITUTION BLEEDS

I tried reviewing my past 
those things I did that made me cast 
little were what I was proud of 
lots held me down in cuff

my hands were really dirty 
even when I stand reflecting in jetty
my heart was clouded in misery
now, I can't even join others to merry

I am nothing but a disappointment 
priced lots of souls cause my life was for rent 
all sins are to be forgiven 
as for me, once I point the gun, you are leaving 

I was living in terrible duel
too hot, bitter and always cruel
if you stare at me too much 
I'll think you're judgemental, I might attack you in a rush

I realized too late what I had become 
it's too late for me to even return
that spirit still whispers into my head
I'm sorry, your biddings I can no longer be fed

now I'm old, wrinkled and weak
I can't even forgive myself as restitution bleeds 
even if I can, all those souls are gone 
they await me on judgement say, nowhere for me to run


@talk2leigh


1:00pm
26 Jan 2022

Comments

Popular Posts