THE SPOTLIGHT

pan the light away
it's getting too bright for my sight 
I can contain this fame but just not yet
my time isn't now

hey! director, tell the light man
that spot light's heat is killing
I'm already on stage but I can't perform 
this inconvenience is quite too much for me

hey! DOP, I guess you need to take it easy 
the colour grading is too sharp
can you turn down the contrast
it's not yet time for me to shine 

hello Mrs costumier, please pardon me
this clothe glitters too much 
I bet it wants to outshine me
give me a lesser quality, my glory is in process 

hey continuity, can we do this later?
I'm not ready to proceed 
take a chill pill and wait
I'll continue when it's my turn to rise to fame 

make up artist please ignore the script
I know you're doing your job
but it's all about me in the end
when it's time for me to shine, your craft won't even matter

can you let others do their performances?
let me take a seat and watch 
when it's time for me to rise to fame 
nature and posterity will usher me on stage 


@talk2leigh


6 Dec 2021
4:18pm

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts