THE ROAD TOO FAR

empty road that leads to my heart
narrow and bare
a journey mile-less
endlessly without end 

you decided to make the move
journeying to my heart without my consent 
walk miles and miles just to locate 
the exact spot to start 

you know I wasn't ready 
been too many victim of hurts and mental torture
you held my hands and promised
"I am different, you'll see"

then I let you in 
you stayed and changed it all
brought sunshine once again into this gross darkness
this love feels perfect

just about that time I felt totally loved and whole again
letting my guard down because you penetrated 
gosh! I don't deserve this again
you trampled on this fragile being without remorse

squeezed what's left of the fluids in my heart
choked me up so I wouldn't breathe 
annihilated poor me to rubbles
quenched the little flame, my little hope on love

worse than the latter, you crushed it
rendering my heart to total pieces
now the road to love is so far 
I am broken beyond repair


@talk2leigh


25 Aug 2021
9:39pm

Comments

  1. This is sooooooooooooooooooooo wonderfully written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for this, I so much appreciate ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts