POCKET FULL OF DREAMS


it's not about the brightest star
it's just me with my pocket in my ripped jeans
swollen as my hands cuddle up inside
tight grip in easiness 

my chins raised high 
as I hike with my little moccasin
torsos bare and my kneel pops once in a while 
my hands in my pocket, my smile beams 

it's just me, me
a bundle of talent and dreams 
dreams larger than my normal self
talents too much for me to prove 

it's my pocket full of dreams 
my pen inked on my papers 
my body sways in time to rhythms 
my countenance already in character 

sometimes it feels like a curse rather than blessings
for there is too much in me that wants to explode 
too much that makes me feel like a ticking bomb
the spot light is about to be adjusted to space
my time is close



@talk2leigh


4 Nov 2021
3:20pm

Comments

Popular Posts