MY FUNERAL

if I ever get to lay in a wooden box
decorate it not
it's a total waste of money
mass it together and help the destitute

if opportuned to be lifted high by undertakers 
tell them not to sway to music 
it's just useless cause I'm lifeless 
tell them to save their energies 

at my funeral
take the bouquet off my casket 
throw it in the crowd to see who is next 
irony of love and bond

I wish to be buried without a coffin, without a grave
without a cloak, without a garment 
cremate me and swoosh me to the wind 
let my ashes rest in mother nature's bossom 

hey! sis
why weep for my demise?
I have always been a shadow of myself 
I've been gone a long time ago

was I ever alive to you?
oh! you felt my presence when I was alive?
wipe your tears and pull yourself together 
our time fleet, our life is short 


@talk2leigh


22 Oct 2021
1:34pm

Comments

  1. Wisdom flows in the carefully chosen words that forms a sentence full of deeper truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. More oil to your ink, this is so deep... we humans never give ourselves the chance to think of the afterlife of our bodies....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, we only care about what happens here and now. To be candid, death is just a passage to a better world

      Delete
    2. Indeed bro, thanks πŸ‘πŸΎ

      Delete
  3. This is deepπŸ€”

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God continue to give you wisdom and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your power of expression...God bless you brother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for this, God bless us all πŸ«‚

      Delete
  6. This is really deep

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts