THE MONSTER I DON'T WANNA BECOME

billion stings, multiple stabs
bleeding hearts, pulse getting faint
jabs and knock outs
weakness overwhelms me

my sight squints now 
as I try to focus on who I was
my supposed innocence 
because I got entangled in the games of relationships

all my guards are down now 
cracked heart with million stitches 
leaking holes as blood drips
innocent heart can't house my conscience anymore

if you were once a victim of love 
battered and bruised by someone 
don't reciprocate on another soul
don't pass the calabash of hurt unto the next

heal up and become a better person
take breaks and get your innocence together 
then step out in a new garment 
adorned with love 

but no, most victims won't do that 
they'll look for another soul to heal them
forgetting everyone was once a victim
two wrongs can't make a right 

now I'm staring at my throwbacks 
been months, almost a year I'm trying to heal
I'll simply wait till my innocence returns
will be a better heart for my next love 


@talk2leigh


3 July 2021
4:27pm

Comments

Popular Posts