I KNEEL

palms put together 
serenity dwells around me
body bending low as heart is connecting 
I kneel before God 

I need not be told how to open his portal 
for the Lord's prayer ignites the connectivity
my spirit already paring in unison 
my heart aglad

even before I speak, he listens
before I ask, he knows 
he sees my heart 
who am I to hide my iniquities 

silent tears streams down my face 
I couldn't utter any word because my heart is heavy
my lips dried as it trembles 
legs gone numb, heart bleeds

as filthy as I am, he cleansed me
as my feet drags while working, he carried me
while I opened my mouth to pray, he shushed me
because he created me and knows my name

and He smiled down on me from above
searched through my heart and soul
shook his head in compassion and say
"my beloved son, go forth and make exploit"



@talk2leigh


18 April 2021
12:54pm

Comments

Popular Posts