COFFEE HEART

I noticed it 
but I was too blind to realize 
that my boat was headed for the rock 
I was cuddling my doom

are you happy now?
hope your lips now smiles more
for you are now in bliss
leaving me shattered

wait, was I responsible? 
for your past heartbreaks 
why take the baton and hit me
leaving and rendering me in pieces 

so I am a victim of your past hurts 
when you cried all night because of love
swearing and cussing whoever he was
then finally cleaning your tears to becoming a monster 

but I am not him
his chapter is already closed in your life 
even if you've decided to serve everyone their breakfast 
why include me in your reservations?

he broke your heart
pieced it without looking back 
now I'm the one at the receiving end 
innocent me, having a bite of someone else's wahala

you know what you've done now 
you want me also to consider becoming a monster
to become like you now 
and devour every hearts without remorse

but I won't
I'll isolate myself and heal
I'll learn to love again
unlike you, just like coffee...your heart is black


@talk2leigh



30 May 2021
7:56am

Comments

Popular Posts