MY REFLECTIONS TROUBLES ME


often times I'm detached 
I purposely shut myself out
I know feelings leads to attachments
attachment is worse for it births expectations
then expectations unfulfilled could cause disappoinment

though some feelings can't be controlled
they crawl right into our bodies 
unapologetically finds their ways into our hearts
we never see them coming cos there wasn't a warning sign
once they dominate, we end up with attachment

I've been disappointed countlessly
my life has been all about me getting my own back
no one's ever really stood for me
they never choose me
and this was the beginning of my detachment

often times, we don't know that we have expectations
of people who ends up disappointing
since we set the bar way too high unconsciously
highly expectant of what is coming
it disappoints and we become emotionally wrecked 

how does one get through this?
this abysmal depth of unfeeling, detachment
fear of unknown 
fear of loving, caring and been genuinely wanted 
a phobia of reality 

yet still, we that tend to be detached feels the deepest 
still believe in loyalty in realism
but then, who to trust?
simply no one, not even myself nor yourself 
my reflections troubles me

it hurts


@talk2leigh
@musimbi_

Comments

Popular Posts