MIND OF A LITTLE BOY

an adult that I am
i act like a child always 
gracefully longing to dance under a pouring rain
or walk nude without shame

I miss being fed, cuddled 
cared for and made a major
I miss being tossed in the air
also tucked in bed

I miss bed-wetting 
the sweet stench of it
the idea that I am smarter than everyone 
trying to hide my filthiness

I miss being chased to school
hurriedly running so I don't get in late
punished at the gate for late-coming 
delayed or instructed to cut the grasses

I'm nostalgic
reminiscing the good old days
don't blame me if I have the mind of a little boy
memories are what keeps us going 

a child is the most perfect being in the world
God's own favourite creation  
the apple of his eyes
Lord! make me a child again


@talk2leigh


26 March 2021
8:14pm

Comments

Popular Posts