EVERYBODY IS MAD TODAY

I stepped out today 
jiving in my boot with no further delay
strapping my bag to my back
locking the gate as it drags

just ahead at the corner of the road
a lady walking slowly carrying a load 
a motorcycle trying to dodge a pothole and a car 
swerved, lost balance and headed straight to her

she fell thunderously on the floor 
rolling her eyes like a ball
"hey! okada man don kill person o"
"oya make una hold am, make e no for run o"

as I jejely boarded my Oshodi bus
the conductor acting as if he was cursed 
unapologetically raised his voice on a passenger
not knowing he was a military man on mufti 

as kasala burst inside bus
even him driver self collect 
as he stopped the bus on express and lie them down
gbogbo won lo je breakfast last last

every passenger who tried to beg
was forced to join in the torture 
the rest of us just fem and walked away 
as I decided to take a Keke napep to cele

finally hustling and gaining a seat in the Keke
he was playing music so loud that we complained 
I guess he must be high on shepe
his eyes were tiny and sleepy, this should be cocaine 

with Loud music and speed he went on
ignoring our cries and pleas as he speeds on
at a junction he was suppose to pay agbero #50
he said he hasn't make any sale, not even a naira

as they harass him they found money in his pocket 
one of them sent him a punch like rocket 
the next dealt him a hot slap
he fell heavily and injured his scalp

I've seen too much today I cannot plead for him
for he was stubborn even when we were scolding him
as I turned to walk away one agbero gave me a slap
"see as you stand so, your chest sure for you abi"



@talk2leigh


13 March 2021
7:30am

Comments

Popular Posts