THEIR FOOTSTEPS

I walk the footstep of my father today 
I felt his pain, anguish and fear
of not losing his wives and children 
not while he's still alive 

I walk the footstep of my mother today
praying constantly and earnestly seeking 
for divine protection upon all her fruits
they can grow and blossom into a fruitful tree

I walk the footstep of my brother today
hustling so hard to get through the day
trying to make a life from this dead system
working multiple jobs to make life better

I walk the footstep of my fiance today
still in doubt of my promises to her
despite our seven years together 
fears of i might wake up one morning and leave

I walk the footstep of my friend today
he stares at me and sees all I will become 
instead of wanting the best for his crony
he chose hatred and smiles while plotting 

I walk the footstep of my neighbour today
How she had become what she has become
She cries almost all the time
The pain of losing an only child to the cold hands of death

I sat down and evaluated myself
I've never been more confused than i ever was
all my thirty-three years I'm yet to discover myself 
time is a great healer, but a lousy beautician

@talk2leigh


15 Jan 2021
2:14pm

Comments

Popular Posts