THE NOOSE

it never stopped
it keeps beckoning, calling me
a friendly voice in my head 
conversing with me all the time

it points me to that corner 
showing me the already tied noose
the rope strong and firm
what a beautiful-tragic way to quit this life

but these are the friends I have 
cause they understand how I feel
the voice keeps me company 
even consoles me when I'm in my lonely corner

I'm bittered and battered but no one cares 
I continuously give a piece of myself away 
to friends who are down and depressed 
but none cared if I'm okay 

when I'm all alone
that voice consoles me
I've fought these for too long 
wo! I don tire, there's no strength left in me

should I? would I? could I?
missing me is optional for anyone 
of cause people only tell you how much they love you 
once you're six feet dead asleep

as I write this hope you who read this is okay
try and be better than me for I am already lost 
already at the edge of no return
the noose awaits me


@talk2leigh


26 Jan 2021
6:35pm

Comments

Popular Posts