IN MY PLACE

anytime I go a certain distance from home 
possibly for hustle and bustle 
no matter how much I realize
home is my comfort zone 

no matter where I travel to
within states or oversea
no matter the pleasant welcome I receive 
there's no place like home 

even if I'm giving international awards 
for being a luminary in my field 
and possibly offered citizenship 
home will surely beckon me

be it i engage and marry a white lady
and she bore me beautiful kids
and I'm living the dream I've always dreamt 
ajo ole da bi ile

if I become the world's superstar
and people faint at my shows 
as I pull my costume and other cast say
"you're always welcome to stay in our country"
home is where my heart belongs to

although Nigeria isn't promising 
those selfish, bastard orangutan hoarding and pummelling the economy 
even as the country bleeds and almost in extinct
I am a proud son of the soil



@talk2leigh


31 Dec 2020
5:35am

Comments

Popular Posts