THE WALLPAPER


you call it a memorial photo
the future generations will stare at
simply just for remembrance
a heartfelt appreciation for the dead

but I call it a wallpaper
sooner or later it will be yanked down
for a generation will come
who can't resonate with you

accept the fact that you are dead and gone
accept the shade that you are an ancestor
you are just a passage to create
new beings into existence

drop the ego of remembrance
for once your breathe ceases 
your importance is gone
once your eyes closes
You are referred to "when he was alive"

i stood and stare at my great grandpa photograph
he seems like a total stranger 
of cause he his
because we have no physical connection

I stood in front of my grandpa's own
well, it's still fresh although I never met him
but he's just a second
while my dad is the first 

I'm sure my children will pull down my grandpa's
and put up my dad 
for when I am next on that wall
my dad will replace my grandpa's spot

then, a new generation will spring forth
and surely I will be pulled down
my photo thrown in the trash 
yeah, the dead has no say

but while you are alive 
create a future for a generation yet unborn
so your story can be told to them
and they will forever be grateful


@talk2leigh


27 Dec 2020
8:01pm

Comments

Popular Posts