THE ME IN ME


he wants to get out
he wants to be set free
to start exploit 
to add colours to the universe

the me in me
whose voice is loudest
compared to me
frightened as hell

"the world needs to hear my voice" he said
"shut up, the world only needs a puppet" I replied
they just want a performer on stage
make jest and laugh with beer in hand

but who would blame me
after lots of encounters trying to project
the zeal and passion within me
only to be thrown through the window 

"I've tried real hard and I'm tired" 
"I'm tired of being pushed away and tossed around"
"it makes me feel like I'm just not good enough"
"I have no place in this world" I said

"you haven't started yet"
"more hates and knockout punches will still hit you"
"but getting up after every hit and fighting back with your last breathe"
"that is where the victory is for defeat" he said



@talk2leigh

8 Dec 2020
6:18am

Comments

Popular Posts