FEARLESS

I used to be so thoughtless, so easy and free
Could walk away, not think ahead, and had no plans to keep.
No hand to told, no one to bring down with me.
I wouldn't see the worst and it only hurts me.
I love to be alive but I was not afraid to die

I always speak in honesty and bravery 
having fears for no living thing so long it's breathing 
I know my guts creates a pact for me
my glory shines and can't be trampled upon
only death can slit my vein and have my last breathe

I give preference to no one except grim reaper
who wields his scythe in endless harvest
and visits unannounced to claim what's his
ignoring your cries and pleas
smiling as he ripes and rides off on his horse

I'll be courageous even at the face of death 
dying on my feet rather than on my knees
my courage will even cease my blood to flow 
as I lie down on this cold earth in rigor mortis
believe you me, I might show courage even in the face of judgement


@talk2leigh


8 Dec 2020
11:41am

Comments

Popular Posts