WHAT ABOUT ANITA?

She said to herself in tears
"How can I talk"
"How can i express my battles clearly in words"
"Can't they see my agony behind my smiles"
"but I'm bleeding out loud"

she said those, seated in a social gathering
in a religious gathering
a family gathering
amongst peers and colleagues

her fears was transparent enough for all to see
but we all ignored the unsaid
we sadly focus on appearances and wit
blind to the most visible code ever 

she, like the others are constantly abused everyday
threatened beyond force not to utter a word
lots of ladies drained and mentally destroyed
by living beast in the society

beast in agbada(s), beast in khaki(s)
destroying futures without remorse
without a second thought
but shielding their own daughters indoor

complicating lives for future generations
not bothered about outcomes and emotions
they have already murdered their conscience 
and buried it five thousand feet below

again, what about Anita?
what about me?
what about you?
we are all victims 



@talk2leigh


13 Nov 2020

5:53pm


Comments

Popular Posts