MAAMI

After nine month, she gave me suck
Walking and working throughout the day but never stuck
Not minding the stress even if people talk
Up she is before the crow of the cock

She nurses you from baby till when you're grown
Feeling blue when she sees you down
Laying awake at night with a frown 
Just to feel your temperature as you lay down

She wakes up very early to fix you a meal
Even if weak, she has the zeal
Oh! Maami, you're a living legend
I'll forever praise you and not sing your dirge 

Every night and day she says a prayer for me
Fasting, casting and binding on her kneels just for me
Oh! Lord, look down and see how she feels 
Her love is strong and deeper than the deeps 

She works multiple jobs just to provide 
Pushing it hard so the family won't divide
Coming home at night tired and frail
Still fixes dinner even if it's late

Even at her old age she looks pretty young and tender 
The only goddess I know, strong in all weather
Despite all the correctional measures she gave me as a toddler 
She remains my first love now and forever 

Who says women are not the best creation
As maami sleeps, her breathe heavy in motion
If I had the power, you'd stay forever on Earth 
Nothing will harm you, not even death 



@talk2leigh
11th Sept 18
05:33am

Comments

Popular Posts