THE BED I LIE IN NOW

 


it has always been me 

me alone against myself 

wallowing in self-created miseries 

I’ve swallowed too much sadness  


my loneliness birthed depression 

I have confined myself to an eternal spot 

shut myself out from the world and noise 

my head plays scenarios I’m not meant to feature in


the bed I lie in now 

the sheet is made with sorrows 

worn in pains and crafted with grieve 

it’s wool is lined with sickness 


the dreams I have now is scary 

me swimming with spirits and vile 

demons hovering all around and above me 

and I’m pinned to the bed, immobile 


I scream in fear and shiver

torn dives deep into my flesh 

the pain so intense without pity 

I scream loud but no one hears 


beyond redemption I see myself 

I’ve gone too deep into this rabbit hole 

no turning back again, no way back 

the voice keeps saying “your end is near”



@talk2leigh 

(twitter & insta)


8:44pm

24 Oct 2023

Comments

  1. It's scary what people go through in silence.
    Nice piece, boss 🦁

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s very scary bro

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts