LUMIÈRE

 


you look so wonderful in your dress 

smiles so radiant with no stress 

dress so white as you walk down the aisle 

the path paved with flowers as you walk in style 


lumiere, darling 

tonged hair so soft and darkened 

as your father walked to you and hold your hand 

I returned from my reveries as my best man adjust my bow tie band


everyone turns and stares at you as you walk

savoring the moments, they couldn’t talk 

I am the luckiest person, I am the favored one 

since I met you, my life has been brightened by the sun 


your father whisper to you “walk towards love”

“that man, your husband to be, is your dream come true”

babe, don’t smile and roll those eyes please 

you know I’d cry, tears will roll down with ease 


I can’t even hear what the priest say 

I’ve waited too long, longing for this day 

you are my light, my dream, my world 

would choose nothing even if it’s an enriched void 


people cheering as we were pronounced 

I didn’t even hear his words when he announce 

rings already in our fingers 

lumiere, darling 




@talk2leigh




12:36pm

31 Aug 2022

Comments

  1. Was lost in the moment ☺️😌.
    A wonderfully woven piece...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts