MY SUPERMAN WITHOUT A CAPE

my light, my path 
my world, my latch on
he who saved me countlessly
never tired of teleportation for my sake

my sake?
no, our sake
for you carried your children always in flight 
not minding the weight and impossibilities
your selfless love was immeasurable
your cuddles were undoubtable 
whenever I look at you and you smile at me
I never wish for another man to call father 

in the midst of struggles you remained strong 
too hopeful as you lay on your bed
who could question God and death
your last breathe was worth it
you couldn't stay a bit longer 
your goodbye wasn't expected 
but in the face of all the turmoil
your bravery and courage was staunch 

could I ever wish for another baba?
can I ever pray for another star?
my heart bleeds as I lay down in this lonely room brooding 
but I know you are in a better place smiling 
my baba, my sixth sense 
has gone the ways of his fathers
remember you are loved always 
your footprints are heavenly  


#DEDICATED to Buster Mubaiwa Moyo (29 Nov 1948 to 28 June 2021)



@talk2leigh


27 June 2021
9:08pm

Comments

  1. He's the friend I never met but knew from the pit of my heart that we were close.

    Your untimely passing is akin to the burning of a library...a joke untold and a letter unposted....

    A putt and swing untaught and a tankard of your favourite tipple unshared....

    Rest in power Moyo. Look down at the family you left with a smile upon your face knowing that you raised them well and equipped them and I, your terrace dwelling cheerleader, a tonne of knowledge and very big shoes to aspire to fill.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts