THESE THINGS

 


here I am, alone with my thoughts 

I need to pause, take a minute to reflect 

the world is not a safe space 

so unhealthy, a detrimental race 


I wonder why you chose to ignore 

the signs, signals and act of human 

you don’t need to be to told these things  

so conspicuous, totally unacceptable 


the earth is oval in shape 

It’s bumpy, not smooth as it seems 

so are the ways of people from afar 

be careful who you trust 


their hearts, dark with envy 

madness and wickedness unending 

they say “that is how we were born”

disgusting idiosyncrasy and hypocrisy 


watch your foot hence you dash against a stone 

snares and traps laid out for your toe 

your downfall springs enigmatic joy 

your prudence is your enemy 


you are a bird in the hands of their fowler

your naivety is their blessing 

daily as you wake, they plot your fall

you are soft, there goes your hubris  


watch your six hence you’re a toast 

daily, they look for who to roast 

here I am, alone with my thoughts 

I need to pause, take a minute to reflect 


I need to tell you about it 

the truth, lies and deceit i once predict 

here I am, living in the false utopia 

the world is not a safe space 



@talk2leigh

(X & insta)

10:39am

17 Aug 2026

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts