LEAVE THE LIGHTS ON

 


leave the lights on

let daddy brood son 

for life made me mourn 

but that is all long gone 


multiple obstacles, countless defeat 

it’s all in my memory, no visible receipt 

swam in waves I almost drown 

laughed hard cause people called me clown 


leave the lights on 

no regrets when I was born 

most assuredly life favors no one 

it’s your choice to bloom like a corn 


my smile today was a pain yesterday 

defeats, shame and failure came to stay 

people thought I had it all within me 

but my mental battle rages unseen 


leave the lights on son 

you have already being born 

always do what is right, ignore the tides 

it will someday be a pride


I have ran my course, yours has just began 

soon, I will be gone 

a good name will open shut doors 

stay humble and sane, life’s a war 


leave the lights on

I don’t want to die all alone 

the illumination seems repugnant 

there’s so much that eats me up inside 



@talk2leigh

(X & insta)

7:07pm

1 Aug 2026

Comments

Popular Posts