I KISSED IT GOODBYE



goodnight to the pain I once felt 

slept and drenched my pillow with tears 

heart broken to Lego pieces 

I was shattered and battered 


goodnight to my burning lights 

a naive soul now cursed to growl 

those little lights in my heart now extinguished 

every love in me has perished 


goodnight to sonorous beating heart 

each sound now cracked and loud 

my once upon beautiful memories 

now tainted like a splashed canva 


goodnight to unspeakable feelings 

when it feels young because of love 

now the days are dark and time hurts 

my sense dull because life itself is an illusion 


good nights to hands held in secrecy 

love professed from the depth 

broken hearts never heal from it’s scars 

true love is a mirage 


goodnight to my breathe in sync 

you once thought everything is joyful 

here you are on borrowed oxygen 

your time is short, lung is bored 


for I kissed them all goodbye 

the innocence and the happiness 

joy feels thorny under my skin 

pain is my friend and she has come to stay 



@talk2leigh

(X & insta)

10:52pm

11 Aug 2026


Comments

Popular Posts