SHAME ON ME

 


I tried you know, heaven knows I did 

enduring those bitter-sweet pills you fed me 

stuffing them down my throat 

my naive self fantasized love 


you force-fed me your insecurities in sweet delicacies 

spicing up the aromas in topnotch 

my soul, always itchy for your presence 

as naive as I can be, a fragile heart 


you took flight when no one was watching

when you had already milked my sanity dried 

you destroyed whatever good left in me 

you patted my back with a thorny hand


you went all about preaching hate about me 

cooked stories to dry me on a suspended anchor 

came back with boldness and say 

“You aren’t worth anything, you’ll amount to nothing”


shame on me for staying sane 

despite the tragedies you made my heart venture 

an harmless being like me 

faced your wrath… you killed the light in me 



@talk2leigh

(twitter & insta)


21 Jan 2024

3:22pm

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts