MARRIED MY NIGHTMARE

 


my lips, too dried to move 

my mouth, fatigued to express

my whole body gone numb 

heart skips nano seconds 


just a little distance I strayed from you 

you blew it up with an arms length 

it is no news that you’re not the one I once knew 

I knew it was dead, far dead 


a pretense you were so good at 

pretending so well to hold the fort 

in the end, where it ends wasn’t shocking 

but I was held, scolded and blamed 


a liar and callous being that you are 

a retarded and forgiving fool that I am 

a good heart sometimes puts you through hard pains 

this is my burden, a burning cross I carry on my shoulders


I have no reason to scream for help 

cause I knew this boat before it set sailed 

this is the end of me 

blindly married to my nightmare  


@talk2leigh

(twitter & insta)


6:02am

20 Nov 2023

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts